Fall Risk Assessment
Falls can diminish your ability to be active and independent. About one third of people over the age of 65 and almost half of people over the age of 80 will fall at least once this year. There usually are several reasons for a fall.
Such accidents could definitely be avoided for advancing in age should NOT equate to falling.
Our Physical Therapists can help you reduce your risk of falling by:
- Assessing your risk of falling
- Helping you make your home as safe as possible
- Educating you about the medical risk factors linked to falls
- Designing individualized exercises and balance training
- Working with other health care professionals and community services to create programs for people who want to reduce their risk of falling
At AAA PT, our physical therapists may come to your home and conduct a thorough home safety evaluation to provide recommendations for increased safety in functional mobility including bed mobility, transfers, and ambulation. Tests will demonstrate your current level of mobility, strength, and stability.