AAA Physical Therapy, a Top-Rated Rehabilitation Specialist / Pain Management outpatient PT clinic in Columbia, Howard County, MD is growing!
If you want to join our team and culture to uphold our mission and values, please contact us!
Title: Physical Therapy Assistant
Reports to: Supervising Physical Therapist / Office Manager
Our mission is to provide the best personalized physical therapy possible. Our values are centered on Compassion, Dedication, and Excellence. Our therapists are movement experts (highly skilled in treatment of orthopedic, acute and chronic conditions) Across All Ages.
Being named a Patient’s Choice Winner for Open Care (uses Yelp, Google Plus, Facebook, and much more), we hope you will be a huge part of continuing this cause!
AAA Physical Therapy is gearing towards support of our baby boomer generation as we are also Advocates for Aging Adults.
Due to the growth of our company, we are seeking a Full-Time / Part-Time PT Assistant for an opportunity to work with our team and their patients in the outpatient clinic setting, adult medical day care, assisted living facilities, and in their homes.
The PTA’s role is to assist the supervising physical therapist in all functions. At AAA Physical therapy, we focus on mindfulness, initiative, and a collaborative / team approach to the treatment of the individual to achieve overall wellness and rehabilitation.
Some of the functions you will be required to perform while working under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist are as follows:
~ Implement effectively patient treatment programs developed by the Physical Therapist
~ Demonstrate effective use of time, flexibility, and efficiency in daily tasks
~ Document progress toward identified objectives
~ Provide accurate and timely documentation
~ Submit billing for each patient treatment note and work with biller and supervisor for billing adjustments
~ Pay attention to authorizations, Maryland Universal Form, and other insurance and billing related requirements
~ Assist in Front Desk and PT technicians functions as needed
~ Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-services, and other educational programs
~ Participate in marketing events that promote our company values and mission
~ Collaborate with the AAA Physical Therapy team (Front Desk, PT tech, supervising Physical Therapist and Office Manager) to promote our team approach culture
~ Other related functions as instructed by Supervising PT / Office Manager
~ Must display confident, professional, and friendly demeanor; remarkable relational skills; and distinguished communication skills to educate and work with our clients, their caregivers, and their doctors and other medical professionals
~ Ability to adapt to change in various PT settings (Outpatient clinic, Adult Medical Day Care center, Assisted Living Facility, etc.)
~ Clinical experience in orthopedic and manual therapy skills preferred
~ Ability to use MS Office products and other office equipment such as fax, CC machine, etc.
~ Clinical experience and training with the aging adult population is preferred
~ Ability to work based on open hours of the clinic (Monday to Friday 8AM-8PM and Saturday 8AM-2PM)
~ Ability to communicate in another language is a plus
~ Must have at least an associate degree from an American Physical Therapy Association approved Physical Therapy Assistant Program
~ Licensed in the state of Maryland, new graduates are welcome to apply
Title: Front Desk / Receptionist / PT Technician
Reports to: Office-Marketing Manager / Physical Therapists
Front Desk or Receptionists are the first line of communication between a patient and a physical therapist, whether it's on the phone or in person. They are the first person to represent AAA Physical Therapy. Their main goal is to be professional, friendly, and helpful to patients and their companion(s).
They are primarily responsible for the function and appearance of the front office and the patient waiting section. Accuracy is a crucial element of the receptionist. They should promote and be stewards of the mission (to provide the best physical therapy possible) and values of AAA Physical Therapy (Compassion, Dedication, and Excellence).
· Welcomes patients and/or visitors and directs them to appropriate waiting or check-in area.
· Patient scheduling. This includes patient initial phone/walk-in intake, adding and completing patient demographics in the electronic medical record (EMR), actual scheduling for evaluation or treatment in EMR appointment book.
· Insurance verification. Calls insurance companies and/or perform online verification to gather all the necessary insurance information regarding a patient’s physical therapy benefits in order to treat the patient.
· Manages phone lines. Communicates clearly, politely and professionally. Screens solicitors and/or visitors (calling or coming into the office). Relay important messages to managers and physical therapists. Check voicemail at the beginning and at the end of a workday.
· Check patients in prior to physical therapy treatment
· Collects co-payments, deductible and/or co-insurance and records payment or non-payment in patient’s charts for record-keeping. Issues receipt/s to all patients for check, credit card & cash payments.
· Maintains cash box and credit card processing reports
· Completes duties assigned in the daily checklist
· Charting. This includes preparing new patient charts, checking if all patient information is complete, compiling chart paperwork once done by PTs, and scanning discharged patient files.
· Monitors signed plans of care for patients and requests them from appropriate doctors if necessary
· Filing. Placing charts in their appropriate filing cabinets. Sorting and filing scanned and faxed documents in designated patients’ folder.
· Troubleshoots front desk equipment malfunction including fax, printer, scanner, credit card swiper, and labeler.
· Generate confirmation calls/texts/emails daily for the following day.
· Performs follow-up calls for “missing-in-action” patients who has not made any appointments within the week and/or those that has not returned for treatment in the past 1-2 weeks without notice.
· Maintains a neat and organized appearance of the front office area, including waiting room.
· Monitor front desk office supplies and inform practice manager if any supply orders are needed.
· Receives all mail and packages and distributes them to the appropriate person.
· Copies or prints AAA forms as needed
Physical Therapy technicians in the outpatient clinical setting perform the following:
· Usher patient/client to treatment/evaluation rooms in a timely manner.
· After training with PT, check vital signs of patients/clients prior to commencement of treatment as instructed.
· Under PT supervision, set up patients/clients on modalities properly assuring patient comfort and safety.
· Check on patients/clients on physical therapy modalities frequently.
· Ensure continuity of patient/client treatment flow to/from room and gym; and prompts patients/clients their exercise sequence as instructed by the physical therapist
· Under PT supervision, cue, motivate, and/or safeguard patients practicing exercises and/or functional activities.
· Mark exercise logs in patient/client’s charts as patient performs prescribed exercises and activities.
· Report to physical therapist/s any patient response with treatment.
· Assist the front desk personnel in scheduling and checking-in patients, in filing and performing confirmation calls, and in verifying eligibility and explaining benefits to patients.
· After care: Disinfect and clean all equipment and treatment furniture after every patient/client use
· Daily inventory of equipment and supplies. Maintains log of supplies and inform PTs and front desk personnel immediately if any supplies are needed to be ordered.
· Check all equipment weekly. Make sure they are in good running condition. Report to PT and/or practice manager immediately if any equipment is broken or malfunctioning.
· Be visible and available to PTs for any other help needed.
· Maintain overall cleanliness in all treatment area, common area and wet room/pantry
· Perform laundry as needed, fold, and store them in specific cabinets
· Able to learn and adapt quickly to changes in policies and procedures as demands require
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform other job duties as assigned by physical therapists, office / marketing manager
· Responsible for providing positive model for team through effective self-management and leadership
· Assist with front desk duties as needed
· Print out exercise program for patient/client using various programs
· Follow, act, and record activities based on general checklist.
· Assists in marketing strategies and efforts (birthday cards, workshops / seminars, booths, and etc.)
· Contribute in social media efforts when appropriate and applicable
· Performance evaluation is based on the following characteristics: ability to find solutions, interpersonal skills, accuracy, adaptability, reliability, judgment, initiative, teamwork, positive and constructive attitude, efficiency, work ethic, and willing to learn / growth mindset
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at least in a satisfactory manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Acceptable health status, as defined in facility policy.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent is required.
· Ongoing Associates or Bachelor’s in Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy Assistant, Human Performance, Kinesiology, and similar degrees preferred.
· Six (6) months volunteer or work experience in outpatient physical therapy clinical practice is preferred.
· Consistent delivery of quality customer service
· Demonstrates skill in diplomacy and conflict resolution
· Displays high emotional intelligence
· Mature and professional interpersonal skills; communicates effectively with diverse groups
· Recognition of and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
· Proven ability to adjust and prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands in a fast-paced environment
· Discipline to adhere to established timelines, schedules, and guidelines
· Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English in written and oral forms (face-to-face and phone conversation)
· Ability to translate and communicate English in written and oral communication (face-to-face and phone conversation) in another language (specifically Spanish) is a plus
· Other Skills and Abilities:
· Basic computer skills necessary
· Ability to utilize basic computer software integral to agency operations
· Current or be CPR certified within two months of date of hire from the American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider card / BCLS or BLS) or American Red Cross (CPR-AED for Healthcare Provider card)
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Basic computer skills necessary
· Ability to utilize basic computer software integral to agency operations
· Ability to work based on open hours of the clinic (Monday to Friday 7AM-8PM and Saturday 8AM-2PM)